The 44th SBA Annual General Meeting
Saturday 21st March 2015
We are delighted to announce that the 44th SBA Annual General Meeting will be held on March 21st 2015. For a third year it will be at the Heritage Motor Centre, Gaydon, near Warwick, which has proved a popular venue.
A wonderful museum and conference centre with excellent catering, Gaydon provides all we need for what is expected to be another stimulating AGM and social.
The Centre is very close to the M40 and being so central for a very significant mass of members we hope it will again prove a popular choice - although of course we regret we can’t be closer to our Scottish and other more distant members. Our booking comes with free admission tickets for the museum, which might be an extra draw. By adjusting the timetable slightly we have sought to make more time for viewing auction items, release a few extra minutes over lunchtime for members to take a quick peek at the museum, and move one ‘listening’ spot to the morning to avoid being too sedentary in the afternoon!
What happens at the AGM?
SBA Annual General Meetings are always enjoyable and often fascinating. As usual, at our 44th:
· we will enjoy time to meet friends, examine exhibits, enter pictures for the photographic competition, offer sales items and buy & sell at our auction of useful steamboat related bits and pieces before breaking for lunch. We will provide further details of the auction but lots must be valued at a starting price of £10 to speed things along (!). We are also looking for one or two ‘prize lots’ – big items – to stimulate interest. There’s plenty of room for parking and the venue is used to having bits of machinery lying around. Members wishing to trade small bits and bobs are very welcome to take over a table as a sales stand: there will be plenty available.
· the afternoon will see the main AGM (agenda yet to be finalised) and our speaker, Adrian Stone, the primary conservator at the Windermere Steamboat Museum. He is a highly respected authority on boat conservation and will be fascinating.
· in the evening our dinner provides an excellent opportunity to sit down with friends.
What will it cost?...
Coffee & tea (provided on arrival and mid-afternoon)........£ 7.00
Two Course evening dinner........................................£20.00
Please note that £38.50 is the cost for the full day and evening with all meals and refreshments – only 50p more than last year. Of course there is no charge for simply attending the AGM. If you elect to come simply for the morning/afternoon and lunch the cost will be £18.50. If you intend to partake only of the tea and coffee at refreshment times the cost will be £7.00.
What do I need to do?
· Note the date in your diary!
· Decide what meals/refreshments you would like [am & pm coffee/ lunch/ dinner / nothing]
· Book online and, if you have refreshments, pay online with a credit card by using the link to the 2015 AGM on the SBA website. The AGM pack is available on our website (we will email you a link with your meal ticket confirmations) in good time prior to the AGM.
· (Email queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or please phone (evenings) 01252 645486).
Very convenient is the Premier Inn at Warmington near Banbury - now up and running once more but we do ask members not to burn it down again, please. A wealth of other accommodation remains available in the area, being so close to Stratford. There are many B&Bs (average cost ca. £50 per night) and a range of hotels. Google ‘Accommodation near to the Heritage Motor Centre’ for a really useful list of B&Bs, self-catering and local pubs.
Book online – click on the register button above. If you are booking for 2 or more participants (spouse or other members only) use the 'add guest' button on the booking screen to include them.
Click here to download the paper booking form if required.