All boats attending SBA rallies are required to have adequate insurance.
Key Features Of Individual Boat Insurance
Offered By SBA Approved Brokers
Normally, but not exclusively, the policy offered will be underwritten by Navigators and General Insurance
2. General Conditions
The policy will specify that the vessel is a steam boat
and the main features will include:
1. Water and frost damage to the machinery, subject to the owner having taken reasonable precautions.
3. Cruising Area
2. All road transit risks for craft up to 30 feet in length.
3. Liability to Third Parties and Passengers of up to £3,000,000.
4. Up to 12 months ‘in Commission for navigation’ during which time the owner shall have a valid boiler certificate.
5. Up to 12 months ‘under maintenance/restoration’ during which time a valid boiler certificate is not required.
6. No overall age limit. Valuation to be based upon purchase price or valuation report from an appropriately qualified person (e.g. SBA valuer, marine surveyor). Agreed valuations to be negotiated with owners rather than assuming static value.
1. Cover whilst participating in Steam Boat Association rallies regardless of location.
4. Approved Brokers
2. Use on continental inland waterways
3. Waters of the UK including Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Northern Ireland/Eire/The Continent of Europe from Brest to the River Elbe including Continental Inland Waterways north of 46 degrees North and west of 10 degrees East.
The following are brokers that have agreed to write insurance cover that meets the SBA requirements. The Association has good relations with all of them but does not recommend any particular organisaton. Members are at liberty to seek cover elsewhere, but are advised to ensure that it is at least as good as that specified above.